meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec meta content='width=1100' name='viewport'/> meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec My Shabby Bungalow: Goodbye my friends!
Hello! Welcome to my "new" blog! I figured, since I have changed the name of my blog, I needed to change my blog's URL too! Bunny Rose Cottage is a part of my past. A very good part. I had so many wonderful memories in that home and in that part of my life. But my life has changed, a lot. And it is time to change my blog address too, not just the name :) Thank you so much for finding me here. I hope you will continue to follow my journey, here on this blog. I love all of my followers and I don't wamt tp lose any of you :) I merged all of the posts from my other blog to this one, so it is basically the same blog but with a different web address :) Love to you all and again, thank you!!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Goodbye my friends!




Hello :)  Wow, it has been forever since I have opened my blog!
But I felt it was only fair to come in and say a proper goodbye to all of you.  You have all been such a wonderful support system over the last seven years.  Some of you have become such wonderful friends to me.  Julie, Amanda, Kerrie, Celeste and on and on!  Thank you so much for your loyalty and friendships.  After much thought, I have decided to stop blogging.  I am at such a different point in my life now.  Blogging was taking up so much of my time and became so stressful.  Keeping a perfectly clean home, coming up with new things to blog about, taking and editing pictures.  It just stopped being fun.  I want to devote my time to my wonderful kids and my amazing, supportive husband.  I have been so much happier since I stopped blogging.  I feel at peace with my decision.  I will miss you all very much.  I love you all and am so grateful for you.  Seven years is a long time to blog and it has been wonderful.  But like I said, I am at a different point in my life.  Interests have changed, things in my life have changed.  So it is time to say goodbye to this chapter.  I will keep my blog open in case anyone wants to visit my past posts.  I hope you all are happy and enjoying your life!
XO, Amy

12 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie pie... of course I will miss your beautiful posts, but I know we will forever stay in touch... I just sent you an email yesterday... as you know, I am slowly getting out of blogging as well... I have blogged for five years now, and feel it is time for me to say goodbye as well... life brings changes for all of us... I know how important your beautiful family is to you, and mine is to me as well... they should be our top priority... blogging has changed so much too... no longer the simple, friendly little place to get together it once was... mostly competition these days from the "new generation" of bloggers... which I am not comfortable in doing... and feel I have offered all I have to give now... I have hesitated in saying goodbye on my blog, as in the past, I miss everyone and come back to posting... you said you were my mentor... okay... today I too am saying a bittersweet goodbye to my blog, but will leave mine up as well... I can sense the happiness in your post, the love for your family... and the contentment you are feeling... I love you sweet little sister of mine... xoxo... Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amy. I so understand your choice. When you have been away and felt at peace with being gone then you know you have made the right choice. I am glad you are leaving your blog open though so we can all go back and look at past posts.
    God bless you on your "new" journey. You will be missed. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe sometimes blogging does become a chore... I am glad you are right where you should be.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy I am so glad to hear that you are happy! I understand completely and I support you in your decision. When I took a year off of blogging it was amazing...I felt like I had returned to real life. I did not know if I would ever really return to blogging, but I decided to slowly dip my foot back in with the heart to never spend more than 15 minutes on my computer. So far it has worked. I just have to make sure I keep a healthy balance. I often do not open my laptop for days. Seven years is a long time...if my children were young I would not be able to do it either. I wish you the happiest of days as we enter into spring and summer! Maybe you will pop in to say hi every once in a while. It is your blog so you can do whatever you want. You will be missed. xxo Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Amy, I understand your decision to end your blog and move on to other chapters of life. There is nothing more important than your family and the feeling of well being doing what you love and not feeling stressed over posting etc. Following your heart is the right thing to do. We have been friends for so many years, since 2005 I believe when we met through ebay. Our friendship will continue and you know I will always be here. So glad you are leaving your blog open as a reference for others to read and be inspired. Like a good book, they can turn to now and then and enjoy. Wishing you nothing but the best always and a life filled with happiness, good health and the love of family. Stay in touch when you can and I will do the same.
    Blessings always.
    With love, Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your decision Amy. I haven't used my blog in over a year as you said it's become a chore....enjoy your facebook page. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you aren't enjoying it you should quit. I love blogging--makes me feel like there is something to me besides taking care of kids and pets :) Like you say everyone has different things that make them happy at different times. See you on Facebook? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweetie! Even though we are "new" friends, I will truly miss you in bloglandia. :) I can totally understand the time that blogging can consume in our lives. I have to limit myself during the day, too, and not having any kiddos at home to raise, I can dedicate my evenings during our TV time to spend some time with my blog/FB friends. :) Continue to revel in your new found happiness and freedom, my friend! I hope that I see you on my blog or on your FB page! Blessings to you!!! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will miss you but I do understand it can be quite stressful just keeping it current I hope to see you on facebook you take care of your lovely family. Big Hug FRom California ox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a truly wonderful person and have been through a lot over the years. I'm glad you're in a better place and wish you and your gorgeous family all the best. I think for me times have moved on and never say never but for now goodbye lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't count the number of times I've checked on some of my favorite blogs and found that the blogger had simply stopped posting. Thanks so much for announcing your blogging retirement and hope that you enjoy the extra time you'll now have.

    ReplyDelete