meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec meta content='width=1100' name='viewport'/> meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec My Shabby Bungalow: Happy Hearts Week!!
Hello! Welcome to my "new" blog! I figured, since I have changed the name of my blog, I needed to change my blog's URL too! Bunny Rose Cottage is a part of my past. A very good part. I had so many wonderful memories in that home and in that part of my life. But my life has changed, a lot. And it is time to change my blog address too, not just the name :) Thank you so much for finding me here. I hope you will continue to follow my journey, here on this blog. I love all of my followers and I don't wamt tp lose any of you :) I merged all of the posts from my other blog to this one, so it is basically the same blog but with a different web address :) Love to you all and again, thank you!!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Hearts Week!!

Hi there!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We are still experiencing very cold temps here in Michigan.  My kids didn't have school again on Friday.  To say I am ready for spring is an understatement.  I have been doing a lot of exercising to get ready for the warmer months.  As well as shopping for warm weather clothes, shoes and makeup!  I can at least do that while I wait!  All I can do is plug along and wait.
That being said, we are now in the week of love :)  Valentine's day is only four days away.  After that, Easter!
I don't really have a lot of Valentine's day decor.  But what I do have is very special to me.  I do have a few new pieces this year.  But they are things I will keep out all year round.
A few months ago, I was visiting one of my favorite blogs, Heaven's Walk.  Laurie is a wonderful friend and her home is stunning.  She lives in Michigan like me :)  On her post a few months ago, she shared a very personal, scary story with us.  Her grace and positive outlook is something I will never forget.  I don't think I could handle what she went through as gracefully as she did.  During this difficult time, Laurie started making these beautiful clay sacred hope hearts.  She offered them for sale with a portion going to charity. I had to have one in support of Laurie.  Not to mention they are just gorgeous!  Please go HERE to read Laurie's story if you haven't already.  She is such an inspiration to all women!!
I have mentioned Kerrie of Sea Cottage a lot on my blog lately!  And, I am talking about her again today :)  Kerrie had a giveaway on her blog last week and I won!!  It has been forever since I signed up for a giveaway too!  I was lucky enough to win one of her sea washed hearts!  She also included the darling silver heart ornament and some of her tags.
Since I already had a grey sea washed heart, I chose a pink one for my prize.  One is Dave and one is me :)  Aren't they pretty?  So romantic looking.


 I love the way Kerrie describes things, her wording is always so beautiful.  Another reason I love her blog so much :)
**image from Jeanne d' Arc living, Days to Remember perpetual calender.  More on that in a future post**
You cant forget the candy this week either :) :)  Savannah requested these conversation hearts, lol.
Mmmmm, these jelly hearts are my favorite!
*********
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Do you have any plans yet?  All I really want to do is go to The Cheesecake Factory with my honey and maybe a movie!  Not sure what we will do for our anniversary yet.  I guess we will wait an see.  Maybe we will wait until the weather gets warmer to celebrate!
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
XO, Amy

Joining:
http://www.timewashed.com/2014/02/blissful-whites-wednesday_12.html

and...
http://petitemichellelouise.blogspot.com/2014/02/grey-dey-thursday-19.html
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie... oooh, you got one of Laurie's sacred hope hearts!... they are sooo beautiful!... and you are right, she handled that scary issue so well and is always such a positive and beautiful influence... where are you putting it?... and I love your seawashed hearts from Kerrie... isn't it fun meeting and getting to know these beautiful ladies who share their passions with us... I love that you got a pink one and a grey one too... sweet Savannah!... loves her conversation hearts!... me too!... and like you, my fav is the jelly hearts... but only the cinnamon ones!... Happy Valentines sweetie!... xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you are too sweet! I hope you have a wonderful Valentines with your sweetheart. I just painted some watercolor pearl hearts this week and if I had done them sooner I would have included one in your gift! It was raining so hard so I got out my watercolors and hearts just began flowing...hearts and roses are all that I have been able to paint lately. It must be the romance of February. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have one of Laurie's hearts! I would keep it out all year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful hearts, Amy. I love it when we are blessed by others and it spreads its sunshine and love through our homes. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    It looks like you're all ready for Valentine's Day! Hope its LOVEly. :)
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and thanks for entering my little giveaway, Amy! BEST of luck to you!
    xo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete