meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec meta content='width=1100' name='viewport'/> meta name="p:domain_verify" content="06ec3413cabaeb3ad8fdaeedb38a88ec My Shabby Bungalow: grey and white table setting for two...
Hello! Welcome to my "new" blog! I figured, since I have changed the name of my blog, I needed to change my blog's URL too! Bunny Rose Cottage is a part of my past. A very good part. I had so many wonderful memories in that home and in that part of my life. But my life has changed, a lot. And it is time to change my blog address too, not just the name :) Thank you so much for finding me here. I hope you will continue to follow my journey, here on this blog. I love all of my followers and I don't wamt tp lose any of you :) I merged all of the posts from my other blog to this one, so it is basically the same blog but with a different web address :) Love to you all and again, thank you!!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

grey and white table setting for two...

Hi there! 
A few weeks ago, I bought the cutest plates at H&M!  That store is becoming a problem for me, lol.  I need to stay AWAY from it!! 

I decided to take two of the plates and "play" around with them, lol!  I guess I was bored that day.  Or perhaps procrastinating something I should have been doing!  I thought it would be fun to set a breakfast table.  I wanted to do a Thanksgiving theme, so I pulled out some things to dress it up.


I used the white ruffled "tablecloth" that is always on that table for the background.



Aren't these plates cute?  They are white with black script on them!!  So perfect, I love them.  I placed a postcard that also has French script, on to the plate.  I then placed a vintage tart tin on the postcard.  Inside is a darling little box with a porcelain enamel number on the top.  This one has 25, perfect for Christmas too :).  Sweetest tiny box to hold a little treat or gift.  And then a grey linen tag which says "Loves Blessing".  A Jeanne d' Arc A. Gylstorff finishes the look.  I figured for tea or a light breakfast, no silverware was needed :)





The second place setting is the same but with a number 15 on the box and a tag that reads "Give Thanks".


For the off center centerpiece (lol), I used the pumpkin that I decoupaged with Jeanne d' Arc napkins.  You can view that post HERE if you would like, showing how I did it.  It is sitting on a wire trivet and then I just added a little bundle of lavender, a linen tag which reads "Be Blessed".  Their is also a rolled linen rose with a grey script leaf attached to a clothespin clipped to the trivet.





In place of a runner I used French script grey leaf garland.  I love the soft neutral colors of everything, it is definitely my taste apposed to orange :)



Sometimes it is just fun to play around the house :)  

******

I have done a tiny bit of crafting for Christmas, just a few ornaments.  I will show them and how I made them as well.  True Jeanne d' Arc November issue inspiration!!  If you haven't purchased your copy yet you must!!  It is one of the very best issues ever.  Well...in my opinion :)  It makes me want to have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree this year!  I am so hoping to be in a new house for Christmas next year :)  I want to make some changes to my holiday decorating.

Thank you for visiting me!

Joining:

http://www.timewashed.com/2013/11/blissful-whites-wednesday_13.html




AND

http://petitemichellelouise.blogspot.com/2013/11/grey-dey-thursdey-11.html




11 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty Amy!... I just LOVE those plates from H&M!... I have not been in ours yet, need to go there soon!... your leaf garland is so pretty too... and love those little boxes with the numbers on them... excited to see your Christmas crafts... much love to you little sis... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous place settings..those scripted pates are SO lovely! it all looks so inviting. well done! (that decoupaged pumpkin is so pretty.....so many JDL touches here! I have the November issue....sigh) Happy grey dey thursdey! "merci" for stopping in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! I'm so happy to have found you here! I clicked on your link from Michelle's grey dey party, and just love your table setting. Of course I recognized the little boxes right away. :)
    So happy to see them here on your pretty table. I'll be following along at your new address. Happy grey dey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! Thank you so much for visiting me! What a nice surprise :) I love my little boxes and wish I would have bought all of them in your shoppe!! They go perfectly with so many things :)
    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tablesetting. Love that gorgeous vignette with the pumpkin. Wishing you a sweet day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling plates! What a great find. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy
    Love everything about this post. Pure gorgeous. Love the plates. Your home is simply stunning my friend. You really have an eye for putting it all together. I have added a lot of white throughout and just love my new direction. Hope you are doing well. I have missed you.
    Love and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table setting. I am taking away a few ideas for our Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thats a stunning setting, love it!

    ReplyDelete